Archive for October 2nd, 2008
1) My family: my children and being married to my very best friend
2) Diet Coke and milk chocolate
3) music that lifts my heart and renews my soul
1) losing my children (or my husband) to a tragic accident or serious disease
2) losing our house and having to move
3) losing all we have in a house fire or tornado – particularly my photos and scrapbooks
1) Diet Coke and milk chocolate (see “3 Joys”, above)
3) Keeping a clean house (though you’d never know it by the current condition of my home…)
3 Surprising Facts about me:
1) As much as I love chocolate, I cannot STAND chocolate cake.Â Brownies, love ‘em.Â Chocolate frosting, I can handle.Â Chocolate cake, not unless it’s all fudgy and moist and got chocolate chips in it.Â Kinda like a brownie.
2) I DESPISE “rhymy cards”.Â You know, those cheesy little ditties Hallmark writes for their sappiest of greetings.Â Yuck.Â Nothing makes me grumpier than receiving a “rhymy card” from someone who should know better.
3) I love bananas, but I hate anything banana-flavored.Â Well, except for banana bread, which, coincidentally, is also enhanced greatly by the addition of chocolate chips.Â No banana pudding, no banana smoothies, not even strawberry-banana yogurt.Â No, I stick with the original in its purest form, just as God intended.
How can it be?Â My niece is 16 today!
For once, I won’t focus on how old that makes me feel, because really, to a 16 year old I AM old.Â Let’s face it.Â I’ve had my driver’s license for more years than she’s been alive, so yeah, I fall into the “old but hopefully still very cool aunt” category.
We enjoyed the time we spent with Dan and his family at Taylor’s graduation in May.Â Sarah was very gracious about sharing her brand-new room with us and allowing my kids to take over.Â She has a quiet sense of humor which we love.Â And she definitely cares a lot about her family.
So happy birthday Sarah!Â May this year be all that you’ve been dreaming of!